Moving to a new country is exciting, but it can be a daunting experience. You must get used to new culture and traditional customs before completing the legal formalities. Moving to Dubai from the United States of America is no different. Here’s a breakdown of the various aspects you must consider when moving to Dubai from the USA.
Americans moving to UAE – Visa requirements
If you are a US citizen and want to explore Dubai before moving to the UAE, you are in luck. US passport holders can obtain a visa on arrival at the airport if the planned length of stay is less than 30 days. However, if you want to settle in Dubai on a long-term basis, you will need a valid UAE residence visa.
The most common visa types for businessman includes:
Work or Employment Visa in Dubai
This UAE visa is issued by your sponsoring company. Your employer will also take care of all visa-related arrangements, including the residency permit.
Investor Visa in Dubai
If you’re an entrepreneur looking to start your own business in Dubai you can go for the Investor visa. You can apply for this visa through one of Dubai’s many free trade zones.
Property Owner Visa in Dubai
If you own property in Dubai, you can apply for a renewable residence visa. Regardless of the type of visa you opt for, you will need a medical before the visa is issued.
Required documents for moving to Dubai
The company sponsoring you will take care of most of the paperwork and procedures when you come to Dubai for employment. However, you must ensure that all your paperwork is in order.
Documents related to your education (Work Visa)
degree/educational certificate to process an employment visa.
- We recommend you to get it before go to Dubai
- Get authentication from the Secretary of State (get in touch with your state school to find the best way to go about this).
- You must authenticate the document at the U.S. Department of State Office of Authentications.
- Get authentication from the UAE Embassy in Washington D.C.
If you are coming to Dubai with your spouse, remember to bring your marriage certificate.
Moving to Dubai from the USA – Shipping your belongings
Once you have your visa and other necessary documents in place, it’s time to think about how you will move your belongings to Dubai. You can choose to either ship your belongings or buy new items in Dubai. If you decide to ship your belongings, you will need to choose a reputable international moving company.
Shipping your belongings to Dubai involves several steps:
- Create an inventory list of all the items you want to ship to Dubai.
- Choose a reputable international moving company that specializes in moving to Dubai.
- Get quotes from several moving companies and compare the services and prices.
- Choose the moving company that offers the best services at the best price.
- Prepare your belongings for shipping. This involves packing them carefully and labeling them clearly.
- Book your shipping date with the moving company.
- Provide the moving company with all the necessary documents, including your visa and inventory list.
- Pay the shipping fees and any other applicable taxes and fees.
Shipping your belongings to Dubai can be a hassle-free process if you choose the right moving company and prepare your belongings properly.
Moving to Dubai from the USA – Finding a place to live
Once you have arrived in Dubai, you will need to find a place to live. The cost of living in Dubai is relatively high, especially when compared to the USA. The cost of rent, utilities, and groceries is higher in Dubai than in many parts of the USA.
When looking for a place to live in Dubai, there are several factors to consider:
- Location: Dubai is a large city with several residential areas to choose from. Some areas are more expensive than others, so it’s important to choose a location that fits your budget.
- Type of accommodation: Dubai offers a range of accommodation options, from luxury apartments to more affordable options.
- Size of the accommodation: The size of the accommodation will depend on your needs and budget.
- Amenities: Some residential areas in Dubai offer a range of amenities, such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and playgrounds.
Once you have decided on the location, type, size, and amenities of your accommodation, it’s time to start searching for a place to live. You can search for a place to live in Dubai online, or you can use a real estate agent to help you find a suitable property.
Moving to Dubai from the USA – Opening a bank account
Once you have found a place to live, you will need to open a bank account in Dubai. Dubai offers a range of banking options, so it’s important to choose the right bank for your needs.
To open a bank account in Dubai, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Employment contract
- Proof of address
Once you have all the necessary documents in order, the next step is to find a job in Dubai. There are many job portals and websites where you can search for jobs in Dubai. Some popular job search websites. You can also search for jobs on the websites of the various free trade zones in Dubai.
Once you have secured a job, your employer will take care of your visa and residency permit. The visa and residency permit will be issued on the basis of your employment contract.
The next step is to register for health insurance. Health insurance is mandatory in Dubai, and you must have a valid health insurance policy before you can apply for a residency permit. There are many health insurance companies in Dubai, and you can choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Once you have completed all these steps, you are ready to move to Dubai. Dubai is a vibrant and exciting city, and we are sure you will enjoy living and working here.
More doubts? Ask us about all the procedures!